International Canadian Hydrographer Program
The Association of Canada Lands Surveyors (ACLS) has developed a certification model for hydrographers and offshore surveyors which has been officially recognized by the IHO/FIG/ICA International Board of Standards and Competence for Hydrographic Surveyors and Nautical Cartographers (IBSC) in April of 2016 and is now ready to receive applications.
The ACLS program is the second internationally recognized one in the world. The program is designed to promote IBSC-Accredited Category A or B training in Canada, while standardizing knowledge and experience requirements for individuals possessing non-accredited hydrographic surveying training and experience.
The ACLS Program has three levels of Certification. The first level is for project leaders and managers, the second level is for technologist and the third is for high-level executive leaders. Each level has a variety of itineraries towards certification. There are paths available in both Level 1 and 2 for non-holders of IBSC-Accredited Category A or B training to become certified. The ACLS Certification program is open to both ACLS-commissioned and non-commissioned hydrographic and offshore surveyors in Canada and abroad.
Certification by a hydrographic or offshore surveyor is desirable because as follows:
- Certification provides a formally recognized and structured career path for the hydrographic or offshore surveyor.
- Establishes the hydrographic or offshore surveyor’s level of expertise and competency.
- Ensures the hydrographic or offshore surveyor is aware of the changing technologies in these sectors.
- Provides the certificate holder with an enhanced profile within their industry.
- Prepares the hydrographic or offshore surveyor for the next global expansion in these sectors.
For complete information on the program and for the necessary forms to apply for the program, go to the “Forms” page.
Apply now! For information: e-mail us at email@example.com