|Position Title||Land Surveyor|
|Status||Permanent, Full Time|
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee owned and operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. Our teams work hard to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities.
We’ve been an industry leader in the application of leading practices and cutting-edge technology within Surveying and Geomatics. Our survey crews and technical employees are committed to working closely with our clients in the resource, infrastructure, and construction industries, and within the communities we help build.
McElhanney Ltd. is seeking to expand our well-established base of land surveying and geomatics services in the lower mainland and is seeking a Land Surveyor to work within our Surrey, BC office. The successful candidate will manage surveys for land development, municipal infrastructure engineering projects, as well as environmental engineering and construction layout projects. Within this role you will manage medium to large scale topographic surveys, subdivision surveys and construction, while working closely with a multidisciplinary team.
The selected individual will have a working knowledge of modern survey technology and experience combining traditional survey techniques data with aerial lidar, drone mapping data and terrestrial laser scan data.
- Working in a team setting to establish project scope, budget and schedule, and other project or client expectations
- Leading survey crews on projects; communicating scope and scheduling information to crew members
- Managing project budgets and financial reporting
- Managing various survey project types including legal, land development (subdivisions) and infrastructure, topographic, engineering and construction layout
- Liaising with both internal (McElhanney) and external Project Managers and clients
- Managing information flow from field to final deliverables and supervising the preparation of deliverables
- Providing mentorship, guidance, and training to assist with LSTs’ and technical staff’s professional development
- Ensuring quality assurance procedures are carried out for proposals, field returns, drawings, legal plans, documents, and other deliverables
- Providing advice to clients on property and legal survey matters
- Other duties as required.
- Commissioned BC Land Surveyor
- Diploma or degree in Geomatics and at least 5 years’ progressive experience overall
- Proficiency in computer applications (MSCAD and GNSS processing software at minimum)
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Must obtain a valid driver’s license
- Periods of travel may be required for the role.
This role is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Date Posted July 17, 2019