News and Events
The Association of Canada Lands Surveyors and the Canadian Hydrographic Association are uniting to hold a conference to pass on new technical knowledge, advancements in the field and a great setting for networking. Next year it will be held in Victoria, B.C from March 26th to 29th, 2018 at the Empress Hotel. The theme of the conference is: Land and Sea Shaping the World. Please visit www.chc-nsc2018.ca for more details and to reserve your hotel room. We expect to have over 450 delegates from across Canada and from around the world to help us celebrate the accomplishments of the surveying profession and its impact on the economy of our country. The preliminary program for the technical sessions is as follows:
- On Wednesday, separate one day sessions for hydrographic surveying and land surveying. The land surveying session will be on Indigenous issues. A call for papers will be issued for the hydrographic session.
- On Thursday, a joint session will be held on topics such as:
- Update on UNCLOS
- Bathy and topo Lidar systems
- Marine cadastre
- North American geoid updates
- North American active control networks
- New approaches to geodetic surveys
- Marine surveys using drones
- New approaches to real time mobile mapping
- Survey of natural boundaries using drones
- The ACLS business meeting will begin at the end of the day on Thursday and will continue on Friday up to 12:00 Noon.