National Surveyors Conference
Mont Tremblant Summit: International and Indigenous Perspectives for Sustainable Land Governance
Mont-Tremblant, Québec May 19 to May 22, 2020
Day 1: Tuesday May 19th, 2020:
- Session 1 – “Urban Perspectives” (How are digital twinning and smart cities initiatives shaping urban land governance and urban social dynamics)
- Session 2 – “Environmental & Social Perspectives”
(How is land governance evolving to address global sustainability and climate change)
- Session 3 – “A National Framework for Land Administration Governance in Canada”
(Building a cohesive land governance community)
Day 2: Wednesday May 20th, 2020
Indigenous Perspective on Land Management
- Program to be announce at a later date.
Day 3: Thursday May 21st, 2020
two concurrent sessions:
The Canadian Geomatics Engineering Conference
- 9:00-10:00: Keynote Speeches
- 10:00-10:30: Coffee Break
- 10:30-12:00: Technical Session I (Research in Geomatics Engineering)
- 12:00-13:30: Lunch
- 13:30-15:00: Technical Session II (Research in Geomatics Engineering)
- 15:00-15:45: Coffee Break and Poster Session
- 15:45-17:00: Session on Teaching & Learning in Geomatics Engineering
Session on land surveying topics
- 9:00 – 10:00 FNLM – recent developments, survey projects, removing barriers to social and economic development opportunities, land survey capacity building work, legacy land survey issues.
- 10:00 – 10:30 Coffee Break
- 10:30 – 12:00 Seminar targeted at subjects where SGB/PR are finding weaknesses in products CLS produce.
- 12:00 – 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 – 14:15 Understanding generations, gender and cultures in the workforce today.
- 14:15 – 15:00 Succession planning – Steps to take before retirement and how to find the path at the start of your career.
- 15:00 – 15:30 Break
- 15:30-16:15 Business evaluation.
- 16:15-17:00 Key elements to take care of before retirement.
Day 4: Friday May 22nd, 2019
ACLS Business Meeting followed by the PSC Business Meeting