- ACLS Home
- What is a CLS?
- About ACLS
- Aboriginal Expertise
- Offshore Expertise
- Contact Us
You are here
Becoming a Candidate
The process for getting a CLS commission starts with becoming a candidate. If you meet one or more of the following requirements you can apply directly to the ACLS to become a candidate:
- If you hold a Commission or Licence as a land surveyor in a Canadian province, or are in the process of attaining one; or,
- If you hold a Certificate of Completion from the Canadian Board of Examiners for Professional Surveyors (CBEPS)
If you do not meet any of the above criteria, you first must obtain a Certificate of Completion from CBEPS. To apply to CBEPS, click here.
To complete your application, submit the Candidate Application Form found here, along with the registration fee, and:
- If you are a commissioned land surveyor in a Province:
- A copy of your commission or licence to practice land surveying in your province; and
- A certificate of conduct issued by your home association showing the status of the commission or licence.
- If you hold a CBEPS Certificate of Completion – the certificate number.